Going to a public gym has major perks. However, it definitely has at least one major downfall: germs. Think about all the equipment we share (or maybe don't).
Most people can't visit the gym without their phone. We have workouts and music on our phones. There is no way those devices are free from all the bacteria and viruses they collect at the gym.
In the spirit of fitness and staying healthy while getting fit, here are some ways to fight germs at the gym.
How to fight germs at the gym
- Don't go barefoot in the locker room or sauna. Wear flip-flops.
- Keep your phone at home. If you have to take it, disinfect it before and after using the PhoneSoap 3 to kill 99.99% of germs* on your device.
- Wipe down everything you use before and after you use them. Don’t be that person that’s leaving their sweat behind.
- Bring your own exercise mat or yoga mat.
- Cover any open wounds or cuts before you go to the gym.
- Wash your hands before and after your workout.
- Wipe down your gym bag daily.
By following these simple steps you can keep doing arm day without worrying about getting a staph infection.
*PhoneSoap 3 has been tested by an independent, third-party laboratory to be 99.99% effective against Salmonella, E. coli, MRSA, H1N1, Coronavirus 229E, Staphylococcus, Rhinovirus, Rotavirus. It has been tested on actual phones, Apple™ watch, headphones, credit cards, and keys. PhoneSoap 3 has also been tested to be 99.99% effective against Salmonella, H1N1, rotavirus, and rhinovirus using a modified ASTM E1153 and ASTM E1053-11 for efficacy of UV light on general hard non-porous surfaces such as glass, metals, and plastics. Real-world results may vary depending on size, shape, and material of phone or phone case.