Going to a public gym has major perks. However, it definitely has at least one major downfall – GERMS. Think about all the equipment that is being shared and how often we are greeting each other by hugging with our sweaty bodies.
I for one can not go to the gym without my phone. I have all my workouts and all my music on my phone. There is no way my phone is in the clear from all the germs and bacteria it collects from the gym. My sweat (forgive my honesty) is all over that thing.
So in the spirit of fitness and staying clean while getting fit, these are ways to stay germ-free at the gym.
How to Stay Germ-Free at the Gym
- Do not go barefoot in the locker room or sauna. Wear flip-flops.
- Keep your phone at home. If you have to take it, sanitize before AND after going to the gym using PhoneSoap.
- Wipe down EVERYTHING you use before and after you use them. I know it’s a pain. But don’t be that person that’s leaving their sweat behind for us to deal with.
- Bring your own exercise mat or yoga mat. Those things are not getting hosed down.
- Cover any open wounds or cuts before you go to the gym.
- WASH YOUR HANDS BEFORE AND AFTER YOUR WORKOUT
- Wipe down your gym bag daily.
By following these simple steps you can keep doing arm day without worrying about getting a staph infection.