Now that most of us are back to school in full swing, it's important to remember the teachers educating your children every day. Whether you want to celebrate their birthday, give them a Christmas present, or just plain say 'thank you', here are 5 of the best gifts you can get any teacher.
I spoke to several teachers before creating this list, and above anything else, they just want something they can use! It can be as simple or extravagant as you'd like — one of the teachers I spoke to said her favorite gift last year was a case of Diet Coke and a pair of flip flops for the pool. It doesn't take much to show your appreciation!
1) Caffeine! There’s a common misconception that a teacher works from whenever the school day begins to whenever the last bell rings, but it’s not true! There isn’t time during the school day to grade papers or prepare lesson plans, so those things are either done before the students arrive or after they leave which can make for some long days. Coffee is a staple for many — but make sure they drink it before you buy it! For the teachers that don’t, I’m sure there’s a love for Diet Coke or Dr. Pepper there. Pair it with a personalized mug or tumbler and you've got a winner.
2) A Plant or Succulents. Being inside all day can be taxing, so bringing a little bit of the outdoors inside can be an easy way to remedy this! Plus, there are a ton of benefits to having plants in your home or workspace. Just to name a few:
- Reduced stress
- Increase in productivity
- Cleaner air to breathe
- Reduced sickness and absence
- Increased creativity
3) Classroom Supplies. Sounds boring, I know. However, since a lot of the supplies teachers use are bought with money coming from their own wallets, even the smallest classroom supplies are massively appreciated. I spoke to a close teacher friend who is always wanting more of the following:
4) PhoneSoap. You are sure to be the favorite student/parent combo with a gift like this. If you’re looking for something a little more unique but still useful – look no further. The PhoneSoap 3 is a smartphone sanitizer that will not only disinfect your phone in 10 minutes but will also charge it in the meantime. The device uses UV-C light to kill 99.99% of germs. Check out the video below to see exactly how dirty classroom items really are.
5) Gift cards! Are you a little overwhelmed with your options and possibilities? You can’t go wrong with a gift card. According to the teachers we spoke to, Target, the local movie theater, and Amazon gift cards are most preferred.